Urban Cycling: Cycling for Transportation
Have you ever wanted to start cycling more? Want to cycle not just for fun but for transportation, but you’re not sure quite how to do it? This workshop is for you!
This will be a discussion-based workshop. Presenters will talk through scenarios and tips for cycling in London, using their own bikes as examples to illustrate best practices. Topics will include:
- Legal/safety requirements for your bike
- Locking your bike: how and where
- Basic bike maintenance
- Options for carrying stuff
- Options for carrying small humans or other animals
- Preparing for weather
- Mapping a route
- Community support and resources
Limited parking in front of the building or use the City parking lot in between Reimagine and Richmond Row – free parking for 2 hours when you use the promo code “CORE” on the Honk Mobile app.
Masks highly encouraged.
Refreshments available – please Bring Your Own Container.